Monday, December 31, 2012

My True Love Gave to Me...

Gold Souvenir Spoon
"On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me..."  One Golden Spoon.  OK, so I didn't get five golden rings but I did get five vintage WDW gifts for Christmas, including this souvenir spoon.  My wife was thrilled to find an item that I had not seen before.
The color and the fancy scroll work are both unique.  The spoon measures 4.5" long and is 1" wide at the logo.
The spoon has the word MEMENTOS on the back of the handle.  I haven't been able to find out anything about this company or when the spoon may have been produced.
The logo uses the traditional Globe Head/Big D and a colorful, yellow and red, 'geometric' version of Cinderella Castle.  I have a few pieces that use this version of the castle in color, but often it is used in a solid color.  The 'ramps' leading to the castle are also missing on this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment