Sunday, July 8, 2012

15 Years and a Smile

Coca-Cola Classic Can
Mickey Mouse - 1986


Coca-Cola was a big sponsor of Walt Disney World's 15th Anniversary celebration.  In 1987 they released a series of '15 Years' cans on various Coca-Cola products.  There were over 50 can styles featuring a different Disney character, a Magic Kingdom land or pavilion in EPCOT.  Depending on where the can was bottled, the logo appears in a different spot.  This one is from Silver Spring, MD.
The series appeared on Coca-Cola Classic 'Original Formula', New Coke, Cherry Coke, Sprite, Minute Maid Orange, and their respective diet versions, as well as Minute Maid Lemon and that great '80s pink classic, Tab.  The characters were 'The Fab 5' plus Daisy & the nephews and several characters from 'Alice in Wonderland,' 'Peter Pan,' 'Pinocchio,' & 'Snow White.'

I've had a few of these cans, including Mickey Mouse, in my collection for awhile.  However, this week while antiquing with my wife, we stopped in one last shop and I found several more.  That brings my count up to 14...only 40 some more to go!  I figured I'd better start sharing them and so of course I had to start with a mouse.  To see more from this series, check out popcan.org or usasoda.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment